This July we are celebrating Scotch! Our Single Malt Scotch caramel is peaty, smoky and rich -- and, believe it or not, makes a wonderful milkshake. The recipe is below as are downloadable recipe cards. Bundle our Scotch caramel with the card and some of our other pairing ideas and you'll have a great gift for the bloke who's barbecuing on Fourth of July, the ice cream lover on National Ice Cream Day, and the whisky aficionado on National Scotch Day.
Scotch Caramel Milkshake Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 4 teaspoons confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 5 McCrea's Candies Single Malt Scotch caramel (or one pillow box)
- In bowl, beat 1/2 cup of cream, sugar and 2 teaspoons Scotch whisky to soft peaks.
- In blender, puree ice cream with remaining 2 tablespoons of whisky.
- While milkshake is pureeing, unwrap 5 caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and place in microwave. Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time until thoroughly combined
- Pour blended milkshake into two glasses, top with whipped cream. Drizzle melted caramel mixture on top.
Download the recipe card here.
Our Single Malt Scotch caramel makes a great host gift for the bloke manning the barbeque at the annual Fourth of July picnic. It’s peaty, smoky flavor will definitely delight.
National Ice Cream Day is July 18. Bundle McCrea’s Candies Scotch caramel and the accompanying recipe card with all the ingredients to take advantage of this fun holiday: ice cream scoops, reusable drinking straws, glassware, gourmet sprinkles and other fun toppings.
National Scotch Day is July 27 and McCrea’s Candies Single Malt Scotch caramel is the ideal gift. Pair it with the recipe card and everything a scotch lover needs: ice molds, whisky stones, tumblers and snacks for a winning gift basket.