Sweeten your holiday(s) with our Caramel Silk Pie Recipe. This easy-to-make, no-bake pie calls for a tube of our Classic Vanilla caramels but we think it would be just as tasty with our Deep Chocolate or either of our salteds: Cape Cod Sea Salt or Black Lava Sea Salt.
- 19 McCrea’s Candies Classic Vanilla caramels (or one tall tube)
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 2 cups + 5 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- ½ cup confectioners sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- One store-bought pie crust (We used a chocolate cookie crust)
- One bar of chocolate
- Unwrap 15 caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add 4 tablespoons heavy cream and place in microwave. Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the melted caramel mixture on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Add room temperature cream cheese to a mixing bowl, add remaining melted caramel, ¼ cup confectioners sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat until ingredients are well incorporated and no lumps remain.
- In a clean mixing bowl, place ¼ cup confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 cups heavy cream. Whip into stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold most of the whipped cream into caramel/cream cheese mixture (saving some to top pie), gently folding until smooth and no streaks remain. Fill prepared pie crust, leaving decorative swirls on top.
- Melt 4 additional caramels with one tablespoon of heavy cream; allow to cool slightly then drizzle on top of pie.
- Garnish pie with shaved chocolate or chocolate curls. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice upon serving.